St. John’s Episcopal Church Rehabilitation

On July 8, 2013, R.E. Lee & Son mobilized in Lynchburg to begin the historical rehabilitation of St. John’s Episcopal Church on Boston Avenue.

The church began with the construction of Magill Hall in approximately 1870, which was followed by the Historic Sanctuary Addition in 1929. An addition to Magill Hall, an Administration Wing, and yet another addition followed in 1951, 1987, and 1999, respectively.

During it’s lifetime, the church has experienced continued issues with water infiltration, documented as far back as March 1935. Additionally, some structural deterioration has developed over time, most of which is attributable to moisture making it’s way into the building. R.E. Lee & Son was contracted to perform a historical rehabilitation of the building exterior as well as repairs to the structural system where required.